All-Inclusive Resorts Succeed in Delivering Convenience, Value and Safety During COVID-19
travelmarket report article by Kerry Tice
Since the dawn of the all-inclusive model, there have been numerous reasons—value and convenience high among them—why selecting this type of resort stay has its advantages.
At a time when many remain reluctant to travel and others are just beginning to venture outside their home town, all-inclusive resorts seem to be winning once again.
As value and convenience endure, a whole new set of reasons why these properties are appealing to travelers during COVID-19 have emerged.
Here are just some of the reasons:
1. Consistent Quality Control Standards Minimizes Risk All-inclusive resorts have strict guidelines and protocols in place that extend throughout their entire properties. From the beach and pool to the bar and dining areas, consistent standards and procedures have been established across-the-board. Additionally, many of these properties have hired third-party safety companies to consult on how best to minimize risk and keep COVID-19 at bay. Most are taking extensive steps to ensure the safety and comfort of their guests. Some examples include requiring guests scan QR codes at restaurants and spas to avoid shared menus, offering conveniences like room service that is delivered outside a guests’ door, and signifying the sanitization of a guest room by sealing the door with a sticker.
Click here to see what some hotels and resorts are doing.
2. No Crowds, Social Distancing Enforced Social distancing is much more achievable at all-inclusive resorts due to their vast size and layout. What’s more, some destinations, such as Mexico, are capping hotel occupancies, guaranteeing there is enough distance between you and other guests. If that’s not enough, the rooming options at many all-inclusive properties also provide guests with the ability to stay isolated or venture out as much as they choose. For example, a plethora of suite categories can accommodate families in multi-level rooms with some providing access to private rooftop plunge pools and jacuzzis or even their own swim-up pools.
3. No Need to Venture Outside the Resort When it comes to the sanitary practices of these properties, the due diligence has been done for you, alleviating the stress of anyone having to investigate on their own. Staying at an all-inclusive eliminates the need to go beyond its borders to local eateries as well as the concern over whether health standards in outlying areas are consistent with your expectations. Plus, in addition to dining, guests of all-inclusive resorts can stay on-property to enjoy water activities and off-shore excursions, without the need to board a bus and travel to an off-site location.
4. Less Hassle, More Space & Flexibility Unlike ships that pass from port to port, each with their own set of rules and guidelines, a stay at an all-inclusive during the time of COVID-19 prevents much fewer challenges. In addition, many former cruisers will be looking to avoid the possible risk of, as one advisor put it, “being stuck in the middle of the ocean, with no place to dock.”
Also, whereas all passengers embark and disembark on the same day from a cruise ship, all-inclusive resorts offer staggered check-in and large open spaces to social distance from fellow arriving and departing guests.
5. Value Is Even Better Than Before There are so many different tiers of all-inclusives and they allow you to worry less, follow the protocols and treat yourself. Everything is included and you don’t have to plan where you are going to eat and how much you want to spend.
All-inclusives allow you to indulge and in the way of social distancing, these resorts are built for it with their multiple pools and beach cabanas. They are going to benefit from this because they are more spread out than other properties.
Click here to learn more about Club Med's all-inclusive COVID-19 advance protocols.
Many airlines and air charters now include automatic COVID-19 insurance coverage while outside your home country. Click here to learn more about what WestJet is doing to help make you feel safer.
When you are ready to travel we will be here and happy to help you every step of the way. Click here to book an appointment.