Top 5 Cruise FAQ's Answered
What are the top five most asked questions for cruising?
1. How can I keep busy on days at sea? - Cruise lines are continually evolving their entertainment and engagement of their cruise passengers with award winning entertainment and amenities that rival and often exceed those found on land. Travellers have an almost endless amount of activities to keep them entertained while at sea. Whether it's a surf or skydive simulator, zip lines, wine tastings, or cooking demonstrations, cruise lines have plenty onboard for just about any interest.
2. Is it possible to really experience new cultures on a cruise? - The interest in experiential travel has continued to grow over the years, and cruise lines have jumped onboard to offer guests authentic opportunities to truly experience the destinations they visit. Cruisers can join chefs at local markets, book home visits with locals or volunteer to make a difference while in port. To cater to those looking for even more immersive experiences, some cruise lines offer overnights in port for more time to explore.
3. Is cruising fun for all age groups? - With a wide and flexible range of dining, entertainment, excursion, and even Internet options, cruising is the perfect travel option to satisfy all age groups. Working with a travel agent ensures travellers of all ages will find the best cruise for every personality. From bumper cars and water parks, to Broadway-style shows and farm-to-table dinners, the options are endless for cruisers of various ages and interests.
4. Can cruising be a healthy vacation? - The variety of cruise dining options is vast - from sushi and seafood, to Italian and French, cruise line cuisine leaves little to be craved. In addition to the multitude of dining choices, cruise lines cater to cruisers with various dietary restrictions and preferences including vegetarian, gluten-free, low-carb, and more. Onboard gym, running tracks and fitness classes can help travellers stay on target with their workout regimens, even while at sea. Additionally, cruises offer abundant opportunities to meditate surrounded by ocean air and fun ways to stay active like rock climbing and water volleyball.
5. Will I get Seasickness? - Today, ships are built with stabilizers that help keep vessels on as smooth a journey as possible, therefore motion on the ship is minimal. For those extra sensitive to motion, there are other ways to combat seasickness - booking an outside cabin in the middle of the ship can help, as can over-the-counter drug remedies, or non-drug remedies like ginger candy or acupressure (sea bands) bracelets. River cruises can also be a fantastic option for those worried about seasickness.